This is a continuation of my side project to take pictures or collect photos of all the Welsh football grounds in the top six tiers, and then turn them into a sticker style format. Initially this was something I just did to test out my Photoshop skills, but considering the popularity it achieved on Twitter and Facebook, I decided to expand it and try to encompass the whole of the country – a big task!
Anyway I have decided to group the grounds into their respective Welsh counties, so the third county I have done is the north-east county of Wrexham.
The links to the other counties’ sticker albums can be found below:
WREXHAM / WRECSAM
At the start of the 2018-19 season, there were 24 Wrexham-based sides playing at 22 grounds within the Welsh football pyramid. The highest placed Wrexham side is Cefn Druids, who compete in the Welsh Premier League, and ground-share with local rivals Cefn Albion. Gresford Athletic are the only side in the second tier of the pyramid (the Cymru Alliance), with the remainder either playing within the two divisions of the Welsh National League (Wrexham Area), which occupy the third and four tiers, or the North East Wales League, which is the bottom tier (tier 5) for Wrexham-based clubs.
The obvious exception is Wrexham AFC, who currently play within the English National League, the fifth tier of English football, and were historically an English Football League side. Their ground, the Racecourse Ground, is one of the most iconic grounds within Welsh football, and officially recognised as the oldest international football ground in the world!
1. Acton FC – Rhosnesni High School
2. Bellevue FC – Bellevue Park
3. Borras Park Albion – Bronwens Green
4. Bradley Park – The Waens
5. Brickfield Rangers – Clywedog Road
6. Brymbo FC – The Crick
7. Brymbo Victoria – The Crick
8. Cefn Druids / Cefn Albion – The Rock
9. Cefn Mawr Rangers / Plas Madoc – The Muga
10. Chirk AAA – Holyhead Road
11. Coedpoeth United – Penygelli Playing Fields
12. Gresford Athletic – Clappers Lane
13. Johnstown Youth – Heol Kenyon
14. Lex XI – Stansty Road
15. Llay Miners Welfare – The Ring
16. Offa Athletic – Gresford Colliery Club
17. Overton Recreational – Wrexham Road
18. Penycae FC – Afoneitha Road
19. FC Queens Park – The Dunks
20. Rhos Aelwyd – Clark Street
21. Rhosllanerchrugog FC – Ponciau Banks
22. Rhostyllen FC – Vicarage Hill
23. Wrexham AFC – Racecourse Ground
If you have any pictures for any of the grounds that I haven’t made stickers for, and you don’t mind me using them, please contact me using the links in the CONTACT section of this site.